This must be given serious consideration otherwise conditions may worsen leading to blindness. Other factors like wrong reading habits, genetic factors may also play a significant role in the weakening of eyesight.Parents must pay due attention to the regular diet of their children at a very early age to prevent any sort of eye weakness. Deficiency of vitamin A is the main cause for weak eyesight in the individuals. Pregnant women should take sufficient dietary supplements of vitamin A and folic acid to prevent weakness in the brain and the eyes.
Symptoms of weak eyesight: Weakness in eyesight can be detected by the following symptoms.
1. Haziness in vision
2. Unable to see objects from normal distance
3. Long and short sightedness
4. Headache during studies
5. Burning sensation followed by watering of the eyes
6. Persistent common cold.
Causes for weak eyesight: Deficiency of vitamin A is the main cause for weak eyesight. Other factors affecting the eyesight are:
1. Long hours of watching TV and working on computers
2. Reading in excess light or in dim light
3. Genetic factors
4. Alcoholism affects the eyesight in matured age
5. Wrong eating habits
6. Digestive problems.
Dietary suggestions to improve eyesight: Weak eyesight can be considerably improved through dietary modifications, which should be followed strictly.
1. Diet enriched in vitamin A should be taken regularly. This should consist of colored fruits and vegetables like banana, papaya, carrots, spinach, broccoli, sprouts, pumpkins and mangoes. Fish, dairy products, liver, egg yolk also helps in improving the eyesight. Fish contains amino acids, which is essential for healthy eyes. You can also try out these eye vision supplement.
2. Oily fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for the eyes. Try to include tuna, sardines, mackerel and salmon in your regular diet.
3. Take small amounts of raisin or peanuts daily. This is also beneficial in improving weak eyesight.
4. Drink lettuce juice or use lettuce leaves in your salads for better eyesight.
5. Regular consumption of foods rich in vitamin C like guava, gooseberry, oranges, lemon, tomatoes help in preventing cataracts and other eye disorders in old age.
6. Inclusion of nuts and seeds, dry fruits are also beneficial for the health of the eyes.
7. Sulfur rich foods like onion, garlic, capers and shallots help in improving the eyesight.
8. Some herbs like parsley, oregano and turmeric have been proved good for the eyes.
9. You can take I-Lite capsule which is a safe herbal supplement to improve eyesight and clear vision. These natural eye supplements are available on online health stores and correct problems of poor vision and weak eyesight naturally.