Normally our blood pressure or BP is high when heart pumps the blood in to the aorta, and decreases gradually as the blood reaches the smaller blood vessels like arteries, arterioles and capillaries.Blood pressure is measured with the help of a pressure cuff, and the upper number in pressure reading indicates systolic pressure and the lower number stands for diastolic pressure. Systolic pressure is actually the pressure on artery walls when heart contracts and pushes blood forward into arteries. Diastolic pressure is the pressure on artery walls, when the heart rests or relaxes after contraction.
Causes of high blood pressure:
2. Family history
3. Sodium or salt sensitivity
5. Tobacco and alcohol intake
6. Stress and anxiety
7. Physical inactivity
8. Intake of contraceptive pills
9. Intake of other medications like diet pills, amphetamines, pseudoephedrine.
Symptoms of high blood pressure: High blood pressure, for some may not show any symptom. Thus it is often referred to as ‘silent killer’. However some symptoms of high BP may be listed as follows.
6. Nausea and vomiting
7. Nose bleeding
8. Chest pain
9. Shortness of breath
10. Blurred vision
11. Impaired memory.
Natural remedies to reduce hypertension:
1. Dietary changes can bring down elevated pressure. One should avoid sugared beverages and candies, high fat products and red meat. Whole grains, legumes, nuts, fish, poultry, low fat dairy products, fresh fruits and vegetables should be included in diet. You can also try out hypertension herbal treatment.
2. One should reduce salt or sodium intake and increase potassium intake.
3. Smoking and alcoholism should be strictly avoided.
4. Lots of water is to be taken. It improves the blood circulation and helps to check pressure abnormalities. Dependence on fluids should be increased. It will help to control body weight.
5. Exercises should be included in daily routine. It will improve metabolism, blood circulation and check obesity.
6. Walking bare foot on green grass for about half an hour also helps to check hypertension by improving blood circulation.
7. Hot compress over chest, leg or foot bath with warm water may yield quite beneficial results in controlling BP.
8. Consuming baked potato can control blood pressure.
9. 2 to 3 cloves of raw garlic per day is an effective remedy against high blood pressure.
10. Consumption of watermelon protects one against high blood pressure.
11. Juice of half lemon in a glass of water can bring immediate drop in BP.
12. Juice of Indian gooseberry mixed with honey may be taken daily. It is a proven precaution against hypertension.
Herbal remedies for hypertension: Herbal remedies are very useful in lowering high blood pressure levels and prevent risks associated with hypertension. Stresx capsules are one of the renowned herbal supplements for high blood pressure that maintain healthy blood pressure levels in a natural and safe way. The good part is that person suffering from hypertension from any part of the world can easily get these supplements from online herbal stores. These are purely natural formulation to manage hypertension without causing any adverse effect.